Signs digitally .air or .airi files for use in Adobe AIR:
Show customers that your code and content is safe to download
Protect your brand and your reputation
Confidence to trust your code
Adobe requires developers and software publishers building desktop applications for Adobe AIR to digitally sign their code. Symantec Code Signing Certificate for Adobe AIR builds trust in your reputation by authenticating your identity and validating code integrity.
Adobe requires developers and software publishers building desktop applications for Adobe® AIR® to digitally sign their code. Symantec (VeriSign) Code Signing Certificates for Adobe AIR build trust in your reputation by authenticating your identity and validating code integrity.
- confirm the authenticity of the publisher
- guarantee the integrity of the content
- protect software against tampering
- secure distribution channel
- prevent alarms and warnings when downloading and installing software
- 1. Developer adds a digital signature to code or content, using the private key from the certificate.
- 2. When a user downloads or encounters a signed code, the user's system or application uses a public key to decrypt the signature.
- 3. The system is looking for a trusted root certificate to authenticate the signature.
- 4. The system compares the hash used to sign with the hash of the downloaded application.
- 5. If the hashes match, system continues downloading or executing.
- 6. If the root certificate is not trusted or hashes do not match, the system interrupts downloading and displays an error message.
Enrollment Requirements: Firefox® 1.0 or greater.