Signs digitally .exe, .cab, .dll, .ocx, .msi, .xpi, and .xap files (32-bit and 64-bit user-mode) and kernel-mode software:
Show customers that your code and content is safe to download
Protect your brand and your reputation
Confidence to trust your code
Symantec (VeriSign) Code Signing Certificate protects your company, cunsomers, brand, and intellectual property. It makes your applications identifiable and harder to false or damage. This digital signature is certified by the most trusted security brand on the Internet.
For developers and software publishers of active content, code signing reduces error messages and builds trust in your reputation. Symantec (VeriSign) Code Signing Certificates for Microsoft® Authenticode® ensures your identity and validate code integrity.
- confirm the authenticity of the publisher
- guarantee the integrity of the content
- protect software against tampering
- secure distribution channel
- prevent alarms and warnings when downloading and installing software
- 1. Developer adds a digital signature to code or content, using the private key from the certificate.
- 2. When a user downloads or encounters a signed code, the user's system or application uses a public key to decrypt the signature.
- 3. The system is looking for a trusted root certificate to authenticate the signature.
- 4. The system compares the hash used to sign with the hash of the downloaded application.
- 5. If the hashes match, system continues downloading or executing.
- 6. If the root certificate is not trusted or hashes do not match, the system interrupts downloading and displays an error message.
Enrollment Requirements: Internet Explorer® 5.0 or greater.